Tuesday, September 1, 2015

Cheesy Chicken Enchiladas (S)


Low carb tortillas (I used LaTortilla Factory) 3 net carbs!!
1/4 to 1/2 cup of onion, diced
4 chicken breast or a can of shredded chicken
1 can of green chillies
1 stick of butter
1 cup of sour cream
1 cup of Colby jack cheese + 1/2 cup more for the top
1 tsp of cumin
1 tsp of chili powder
1 tsp of minced garlic
salt and pepper
Cook your chicken in the skillet with some butter or you can use canned chicken like I did. The canned chicken made it one step easier.  Shred it if you cooked your chicken breast.  I mixed 1 cup of cheese in with the chicken.  I used 6 tortillas. I put this filling into the tortillas, evenly.  I wrapped each one up nicely and put them face down so they would stay shut. In a saucepan, place the butter, sour cream, cumin, chili powder, salt, pepper, green chilies, minced garlic and half an onion.  Heat until the butter is melted and the mix is smooth.  I poured this mixture over the tortillas.  I topped the tortillas with extra cheese.(about 1/2 cup)
I used a 9 by 12 glass baking dish.  350 for

No comments:

Post a Comment